If there’s one thing I cherish about our bedtime routine, it’s the heartwarming sight of C clutching a book with his blue baby eyes begging me to read. My youngest has truly blossomed into a little bookworm.
Every night, without fail, he insists on reading at least three books. And when I say “insist,” I mean that endearing toddler persistence where no bedtime is complete without flipping through those colorful pages. His current favorite? Board books.
With fall around the corner, I decided to curate a collection of autumn-themed board books for C. The seasonal colors, warm tales, and the anticipation of holidays make them perfect bedtime stories. So, if you too have a little bookworm at home or are simply looking to introduce your child to the joy of reading, here are our top 6 fall-themed toddler books:
- “Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn” by Kenard Pak – A delightful tale that captures the essence of the changing seasons.
- “Duck & Goose, Find a Pumpkin” by Tad Hills – Join the duo in their quest to find the perfect pumpkin.
- “The Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin” by Sonali Fry – A seasonal spin on the classic nursery rhyme that C absolutely adores.
- “Apple Picking Day!” by Candice Ransom – Dive into a day at the apple orchard, filled with fun and, of course, apples! And you can keep it for early reading later!
- “In the Middle of Fall” by Kevin Henkes – A beautifully illustrated book that captures the essence of fall in all its glory.
- “Pumpkin Soup” by Helen Cooper – A warm tale of friendship and the adventures of making pumpkin soup.
Each of these books brings a slice of autumn into our bedtime routine, and I love watching C’s reactions to the tales and illustrations. If you’re looking to add some fall magic to your little one’s library, these are some of my top recommendations.
Every link clicked and purchase made helps support our reading journey, so thank you!